user profile
Sign in
user profile

Linked account deactivated

by Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj

Amazon deactivated our account for being linked to another account.

They provided very limited information about this issue.

Over the last 3 months I have discovered the following.

Whilst working on another company’s account to gain Brand registry, (BR) the team at BR for some unknown reason opened a Seller Account for what is a Vendor Central sellers account. Amazon emailed me with the authorisation for this BR account back in 2019 confirming it had been accepted. Because this was a Vendor Central account, I did not think much about the email showing the sellers Merchant I.D and basically filed the email in complete, not thinking it would ever have much relevance.

December 2023 I’m working for a completely different company who is unrelated to the first account. They have a Seller Central account which has been trading successfully on Amazon for over 2yrs. They receive a deactivation notice suggesting the account is linked to another related account.

After 2months searching it turned out to be this BR account set up for the other company from back in 2019.

Raising cases with BR they confirmed that neither account is linked to each other, so I provided this detail to the appeals team, who sadly did not activate the account.

Even though I can access this BR via this Seller Central (SC) account, it does not allow any options within the account, you can only log out.

BR keep saying we should open a case with SC, however this can only be done from a SC account. What this means is because the BR account was created for a Vendor Central (VC) account we cannot open SC support case and if you raise a case via VC they also refer us to Seller Central. Nice little annoying loop of doom.

This has caused a real issue for the completely unrelated company which has been deactivated for being somehow linked to a dormant account that has never been used for anything other than this BR set up.

The only link is me working for the two companies under separate log in, email and all other details. Other than me, these accounts cannot be linked in any other way, but the 25 appeals which explain all this in detail have all failed to get the account reactivated.

It has been 3 months with no help from Amazon even though I have tried contacting them via both companies trying to demonstrate that neither are linked, other than by me.

Both companies are manufactures of their own products, and they only sell their own products, so there are no fakes or anything like that. Both companies have a good track record for supplying high quality products while operating well within the Amazon polices. They also both have good Amazon health reports.

Having tried everything, I can think of to resolve this issue, I’m at the end my ideas to get this sorted. The two accounts are not linked, and even Amazons BR department confirms that they are not linked, which I have shared with Amazon appeals team, however this is from two different departments, and they do not communicate with each other. Which is the same VC and SC, if you believe this, it means that nobody at Amazon talks to any other department and problems like this must be almost impossible to resolve.

If anyone has any ideas about how this issue might be resolved, I would love to hear the details.

Tags: Pricing
29 replies
29 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj’s post

What details if yours are on both accounts ?

user profile
Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj

None, only that I did the work

user profile
Seller_iDiUaLCsDRE0K

Hi @Choc_on_Choc1,

This is Pia from Amazon to help you with your concerns.

We understand the concern regarding the issue you have with the related accounts. Let’s work together in finding the solution.

In order to reactivate your selling account, you will have to first reactivate the account to which your selling account is related to and appeal from their account, once that appeal has been accepted then submit the same appeal from your account by clicking here along with the name of reactivated related account and the date of reactivation. In case you strongly believe that this action has been taken in error, you would need to submit a strong plan of action addressing your issue along with any of the supporting documents such as sales deed, purchase agreement, or business transfer agreement, contract termination, etc.

Thank you for your post. I hope my response is beneficial towards your business.

Regards,

Pia

user profile
Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj

Dear Pia

Your response whilst welcome is the whole problem, I have explained that what you are proposing is impossible.

You are saying to reactivate the original account by submitting an appeal via Seller Central, from the account that needs to be reactivated. This cannot not be achieved because you cannot raise a case from this account as there are no options within the account to allow anything other than Logging Out.

The main account for the other company is a Vendor Central, and they don’t deal with anything related to Seller accounts, and they say to contact Seller Central, which seems impossible without the ability to raise a case from that account.

There is no transfer of business, these two accounts are separate companies they have never been linked in any way, other than I have worked on both accounts.

This whole bit about “documents such as sales deed, purchase agreement, or business transfer agreement, contract termination, etc”. Cannot be part of any action as I’m the only link and neither of the companies belong to me, I’m just employed to load and maintain products.

This whole issue is not the normal version of event for this violation and therefore does not appear to fit the Amazon protocols and solutions for this kind of case.

As I have mentioned, the appeals include all this information, however because it does not fit with normal process in the case, the appeals have all been rejected.

This seems like a really difficult scenario to break out of, as Amazon does not appear to have a team which can investigate cases that do not meet the usual criteria.

According to BR the account they created for the brand approval is not actually required, which is why it was deactivated and left as a dormant account for the last 4yrs. This account has never been used for sales or ever had any products loaded. It should be quite clear upon reviewing this account that it has never been used for anything other than BR in error. I say in error because it was never required in the first place for the BR and is not needed now for the BR of that company.

I’m also guessing the reason why this issue has not had the normal volume of replies is because it is quite usual and therefore might require a slightly different solution.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj

Sorry, I was wrong about the primary on the account, just looked these up, and both accounts have always been the owner of each company, not in my address.
It does not change the fact we tried logging directly from the primary account holders.

user profile
Seller_yk3kzHpjMMa4B

Hello @Choc_on_Choc1,

I am Mary from Amazon, here to assist you.

With all the above information that you have posted I understand that you need help in getting your account reactivation. It seems like your account has been deactivated as the team has identified that it is linked to another account. There can be multiple reasons for your account being linked to another account.

In this case I would recommend you to first try to have a deep dive research from your end to identify how your account might have got linked.

Firstly, please identify the relation between your account and primary account by following the below mentioned steps:

• Verify with your staff, colleagues, friends, relatives and vendors.

• If you have used any third-party services to manage your account, confirm with them if the related account belongs to them or if they have anytime managed it.

• If you have used any open Wi-Fi to operate your amazon account.

After identifying the relation between both the accounts, follow below mentioned steps:

• If the relation is through staff or colleagues, provide any proof of documents like appointment letter or termination letter or relieving letter.

• If the relation is through family members or friends, explain the situation clearly on appeal with supporting documents.

• If the relation is through a third-party service, explain in POA and submit supporting documents like contract document, contract termination document, invoices of transactions between you and the third-party.

Reactivate any and all accounts that have been enforced for policy violation by submitting one appeal for each enforcement. Please follow the instructions in the Performance Notification that you received for that account.

If there is any other evidence or document that you believe you can prove that you have no relation with any other account, please submit them.

You can also view our help pages to understand how you can address these violations

To understand and learn more about the policies, please visit Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct

If you need any further assistance, you can post here so that we or any of the sellers on forum can help you.

Regards,

Mary

user profile
Seller_mohtZP60KcUyj

Dear Mary

Thank you for the reply

The problem is you have not read all the details or your reply would have contained a different solution that would be better suited to the actual problem.
We have already done everything you suggest and more, however nothing is being accepted as this issue is not the normal linked account problem and that is why I wrote on here in the first place.
Explaining the issue does not seem to help as pretty much all Amazon personal are stuck within the very tight parameters set out by Amazon.
In this case it needs the correct team to look at the wide picture and try to find why Brand Registry opened the account in the first place, and it was brand registry who opened this account. Then Amazon might see that this account was never linked to any account, least of all Choconchoc especially as it was opened for another company, and this was a whole year before we set up Choconchoc on Amazon.
The only link between these accounts is me and my computer that is it, and I have worked for both companies. This is very simple, the two accounts contain completely different company details, with no crossover of products. The trouble is Amazon only look at a very small part of the picture and the system has somehow linked the accounts and shut Choconchoc down as a result.

I would really like it if you could do more research into the accounts and come up with a real solution that we can action.

Thanks
David

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post