user profile
Sign in
user profile

Deactivation - Seller code of conduct (HELP!)

by Seller_TSekZ2nPlruJC

Please see attached for Appeal and Violation message. Please advice best steps since amazon are giving no feedback.

Tags: Fees
29 replies
29 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_TSekZ2nPlruJC’s post

no attachment

user profile
Seller_TSekZ2nPlruJC
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

Yeah - you haven’t got a chance on this one I would imagine if you have appealed and Amazon have not reactivated your account.

user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO

You haven’t really understood what you’ve done wrong, nor the severity of it, so your appeal falls quite flat. The root cause isn’t what you did, it’s why you did it.

I don’t know whether Amazon would (or should) let you back, but your appeal needs to be a lot better than having a team meeting, talking to Support and seeking external consultancy - whatever that’s supposed to mean.

user profile
Seller_bi8rGHHcLpoVs

Price Fixing on any scale is illegal. Having given presentations to staff for a multi-national company on price fixing in the past, I think you are lucky that all you have lost is your Amazon account.

Both you, and Amazon, could get into a whole load of trouble over this. Amazon are protecting themselves, other sellers and consumers by deactivating your account.

I would also add to your appeal that you were not aware that this was price fixing and that you have fully read up on it and realise how serious the violation was but if I was Amazon, I wouldn’t be reinstating it, in fact, I am surprised they are giving you the opportunity to appeal.

user profile
Seller_TSekZ2nPlruJC

Amazon have advised they will consider it, they haven’t said it’s NOT a account ban it’s just a suspension. I need to tailor the appeal to satify the POA requirements. I started selling in December so this is new for me. Horrible place to be, appreciate everyone’s feedback.

user profile
Seller_bi8rGHHcLpoVs

Hopefully its the Amazon bots that picked this up and not another seller reporting you as they may well have reported this to the CMA

Here are some links which may help…

user profile
Seller_WIndmNYDp7rQF

So glad Amazon are stamping down on this kind of dishonest activity.

user profile
Seller_k6eoEUabo3Exy

Hello @Uk_Distro,

This is Noor from Amazon to assist you.

We understand that you need assistance with account reactivation and appeal support.

As correctly mentioned by @Demel, it is necessary that you describe how exactly the policy was violated?

• Resources used to violate the policy?
  • If there was any 3rd party involved?
  • If there were any transactions in place, how did that happen?

It is very important that you clearly describe the issue that led to the violation of our policy.

Also, for a more detailed conversation on the same, would suggest you to reach out to the Account health support team through the Call me now button available on the Account health page.

The forums community and I are here to assist you. Do reach out if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Noor.

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

Best advice? Hoppit !!

It’s bad enough all the hoops that sellers have to jump through on Amazon just to make a decent return, without other sellers colluding to fix the prices of goods on sale and making their lives even harder. I cannot imagine there will be a great deal of sympathy from fellow sellers here and, to be honest, I’m surprised you have opened this thread in the first place? Had it been me, I would have just disappeared quietly.

Go to original post