user profile
Sign in
user profile

Why isn't my new product is listed on Amazon search results?

by Seller_B1Rt03Vo37aXI

I have a new silver bracelet product which has now been active on Amazon UK for a few days. If I search Amazon for ‘Silver Bracelet for Woman’ or ‘925 sterling silver bracelet for women’, it finds 7 search pages but my product is not shown on any page at all. The brand is called ‘Dazzle Me’. If I search for ‘Dazzle Me Silver Bracelet for Woman’, then it’s found straight away and listed on page one.

As a new entry, I am not expecting my product appears on first few pages but not appearing on any page has puzzled me. For a new product not appearing at all on search results means ZERO SALE. I have made sure the top keywords are used in the title, features and description.

Is it something to do with Amazon search algorithm that takes time to kick in? Or something to do with ensuring new sellers pay for advertising. I am going to do that anyway but puzzled as why it does not find it organically?

Does anyone know why my bracelet is not found at all without using the brand name? It doesn’t even find it by ASIN or SKU shown below.

ASIN : ‎ B0BXTYR2D3
SKU: JEW-BRC-CH-HAN-0002

My product:

Tags: International expansion, Keywords, New products, Search
32 replies
32 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_B1Rt03Vo37aXI’s post

Simply put, there are literally thousands of other items, that are far more likely to be found, than a new product, with no sales.
It takes time to propagate through the systems.

user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO

A general search is limited to 7 pages, no matter how many results there are. If you repeat the search in women’s fashion you are on page 10 of what it says are 400.

Edit - there are a small number of spelling mistakes which you might want to correct. You have used “solver” instead of “silver” once that i can see. Also, i’m not sure you’ve chosen the best main image when half of it is blurry.

user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

I’d also ask how something silver plated can be stamped as 925 sterling silver.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Other thoughts:

If Dazzle Me is the brand, it shouldnt be a generic listing or shouldnt say Dazzle Me as the brand if its not

Phrases like ideal gift and perfect gift are also in the restricted phrases list and shouldnt really be used in proper titles

user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

As the little shop has said, if the manufacturer has stamped a silver plated product 925 this is 100% incorrect. Only solid silver items can be stamped 925 (and must be hallmarked if over, I think, 7.73g)

user profile
Seller_B1Rt03Vo37aXI

@pudding_n_pie and @osgood.

Firstly the title state it is 925 silver plated, NOT solid silver. The material is stated as ‘Metal’ and not silver. In addition, in features it is stated “Main metal is copper with 925 sterling silver plated”. There are also thousands of similar items (silver plated) in the same situation as me on Amazon who have been selling for a long time. Although that is not a valid reason but I also checked it legally and here what I found:

From legal terms this is what I have found which I am complying with. The only mistake I made was to state that it was stamped that I removed now.

In the UK, it is illegal to sell any item that is falsely marked with a hallmark or quality mark, such as the “925” mark on silver jewelry. However, if the bracelet is made of metal and is silver plated, it can still be legally sold as long as it is accurately labeled and not falsely represented as solid silver.

It is important to note that silver plating is a thin layer of silver coating on a base metal, and it can wear off over time, revealing the base metal underneath. Therefore, it is essential to provide clear information to customers about the composition of the jewelry to avoid any misunderstandings or misrepresentations.

In summary, as long as the silver-plated bracelet is accurately labeled and not falsely represented as solid silver, it can be legally sold in the UK even if it has a 925 stamp on it.

user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

For example - this is taken from the UK Hallmarking Act 1973

Part III 3.2
If “sterling” is the word used, the description is to be presumed to be an indication that the
silver is of a standard of fineness of 925

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post